Finding your prom dress is more than just choosing the right store to buy it, you also need to know what style would best accentuate your feature. Although it takes time and hard work for plus size women to track down the one perfect dress for her, but with patient and right resource you will able to find the right prom dress you have been aiming for. Follow the simple tips below and make your prom memorable:
• Measure Yourself Properly. Before you go shopping either in a store or online, make sure that you measure yourself properly. Use a cloth tape to measure your bust, while wearing a well fitted bra, around its fullest. Measure your waist which is about an inch above your navel, and your hips across the widest part. Take note of your measurement in a piece of paper. Always choose a dress size which fits the largest part of your body. The dress can then be altered taken in to fit your figure correctly.
• If You’re Body Carries Most Of The Weight In The Middle Section.This type often has the largest measurement in the waist. Make the most of your figure by balancing out narrow shoulder with a wrap or shrug and choose a prom dress with horizontal broadening line. Take emphasis away from your tummy and a horizontal girth by choosing an A-line or princess silhouette dress. Accentuate your shapely legs by choosing a dress with a hem which is higher at the front than at the back or has handkerchief style hemline.
• If You Have A Define Waist But Your Hips And Thighs Are Significantly Larger Than Your Bust.The right dress for you is one that will emphasize the middle part of your body and waist area, perhaps with a sash or belt. A dress that has lighter color at the top of the body and is dark at the bottom will help elongate your body shape. Make your body appear wider by adding a wrap or shrug. Go for a broad horizontal neckline. Draw people eyes up to the shoulder, face, neck and arms by using jewelry and accessories.
• If You Have No Waistline And Your Three Body Measurements Are Almost The Same In Size.Look for plus size formal dresses that will give you shape and will define your waist. Create an illusion of a smaller and more defined waistline by choosing a dress which has fitted bodice or has sash or belt or something similar around the waist. To give the impression that you have feminine curves, choose an empire dress. This draw attention to your upper body and allowing the fabric to flow down over your waist and hip. To add emphasis to your thigh, hip and shapely leg, pair a fitted top bodice with a skirt that has godet inserts.
• If Your Tummy Carry Most Of Your Weight.The perfect plus size evening dress that will flatter your figure is an empire style dress that will draw attention to your upper body and skim over your tummy. An A-line style dress is also flattering if you choose one that has fitted bodice or boning, which will create curves and emphasizes your waist. Also, wear some body shaping underwear; this will immediately help to flatten your tummy.
• Choose Appropriate Color.In terms of choice of color, black is always the most flattering color for plus size girls. However, vibrant colors are worth trying. What you should be extremely careful about is the pattern. Avoid patterns like checks, horizontal stripes, and flamboyant floral prints, which will make one look heavier. Regarding the materials, note that shiny materials or sparkling embellishment should be avoided. It is important for plus size dress to have a simple design without too many fancies such as ribbons, bows or sashes.
• Accessorize Accordingly.To enhance the look, accessories such as jewelry, shoes and clutches all matter a lot. Wearing big earring and necklaces can help to shift all attention from the body to the gorgeous face and neck.
• Wear Something That You Feel Comfortable.If you do not like to show too much flesh, you may opt for a modest prom dress with sheer sleeve or short sleeve. And if you do not want a full length prom dress, then look for plus size cocktail dress instead.
We are no longer like the olden times where plus size women are only advice to wear loose and dark dresses. Plus size women can now look great with proper selection and care on what styles, colors and design that best accentuate her features. Just remember sizes are just numbers, it shouldn’t affect your chance in becoming stunning on your prom night and that is if you follow the tips above religiously. Be yourself and love your size, you are pretty in your own way and just as unique as the slim figured ladies.
Plus Size Bridesmaid DressesPlus Size Cocktail Dresses
Plus Size Prom Dresses
Plus Size Flower Girl Dresses Plus Size Mother of the Bride Dresses Online Plus Size Prom Dresses Shop / Short Prom
Plus Size Bridesmaid Dresses Store offering
wide selection of prom dresses, including designer, short
prom and homecoming dresses,
prom dresses under 100, including wide size plus size
cocktail short homecoming formal dresses. Other categories include
cocktail dressesbridesmaid dresses,
mother of the bride dresses. Our accessory categories include
cocktail shoes and prom shoes, tiaras, undergarments & cocktail /
prom jewelry. TheRoseDress.Com is striving for the best... in selection, price, and
customer service. Thank you for your support.
All rights reserved rose plus size prom dresses 2012, 2013, 2014 for prom / homecoming, formal evening, cocktail, mother of bride/groom. Copyright