Before you go shopping for your formal wear, it is best that you take time to identify what type of body shape you have. By doing this will not only narrow down your search but also prevent you from going for dresses that aren’t suitable for you. If you are among women with wider waist line make your waist appear narrow by wearing an empire style dress. Mask the heavy hips with full controlled skirt without ruffles or bows. Full bust can be hidden in dresses with V-neckline and little detailing while small bust look larger with elaborate detail on the shoulder and neckline. Below are some tips on wearing an empire style dresses:
• Strapped/Strapless Empire Waist Dress.You should look at the straps of an empire waist dress to determine the effect it will have on the appearance of your bust. Dresses with two straps and strapless dresses are best suited for women with larger bust, as these styles will draw attention to the area. Empire waist dresses with halter straps, works well with women of any size. Because they can create an extra appearance of cleavage and offer good support.
• Cinched Waist.Wearing a dress with a tight, cinched in the waist will give you the look of a tiny waist, distracting the eye as to what point the waist fall. Instead, the emphasis will be on how small the waist is. Look for dresses with thin belts that cinch in the waist or have ruchings to create an hourglass shape.
• Pay Attention To Your Shoes.Shoes define the empire waist dress. For casual look, wear sandals. For workdays, wear flat or low heels. Pumps and high heels give the empire waist dress a sexy makeover for a date or night out. Make sure the shoes are also appropriate for the length of the dress. An empire waist maxi dress is very long and would look best with flats, while a shorter dress look best with heels.
• Wear Appropriate Accessories.Find the right accessories. Long necklaces can be stunning on empire waist dresses. Dangling earring and thick bracelets also serve as great accents, too.
• Go For Coverage.Women who are shy about showing their legs can opt to wear leggings or tights under dresses with empire waist. To completely hide legs, look for an empire waist maxi dress or an ankle-length dress. Avoid these styles, however, if you are petite. It will overwhelm your frame.
• Consider A Belt.Belts when worn correctly ensure that an empire waist doesn’t make the stomach appear bigger. Wear the belt with a vintage empire waist dress at main seam of the dress, just right below the bust. Wear either a black belt or one in similar color of the dress, as bright colors will break up the dress and cause an overall shorter and wider appearance. A wide satin ribbon is a stylish belt alternative that creates interest.
• Look Up.To add warmth or to cover up a bit, a cropped cardigan offers stylish and flattering coverage. If the dress is in V-neck cut, layer a tank or a thin shirt underneath it to cover cleavage. For a funky look, layer a short or long-sleeve T-shirt underneath the dress in contrasting color. You may do this, however, only if the dress is fashioned from lightweight cotton or knit fabric. Fancier dresses should be dressed up with scarves and shawls. A vintage empire waist dress also looks nice with a wrap pinned with a brooch.
The way you dress makes a great difference on how you look. If you are a woman who belongs to the wider waist category, you already know what style of dress would best complement your feature. So, stack up your wardrobe with the appropriate dresses and accessories; and make a great difference on how other people see you and how you feel and see yourself.
Plus Size Bridesmaid DressesPlus Size Cocktail DressesPlus Size Prom DressesPlus Size Flower Girl Dresses Plus Size Mother of the Bride Dresses Online Plus Size Prom Dresses Shop / Short Prom
Plus Size Bridesmaid Dresses Store offering
wide selection of prom dresses, including designer, short
prom and homecoming dresses,
plus size cocktail dresses, including wide size plus size
cocktail short homecoming formal dresses. Other categories include
cocktail dressesbridesmaid dresses,
mother of the bride dresses. Our accessory categories include
cocktail shoes and prom shoes, tiaras, undergarments & cocktail /
prom jewelry. TheRoseDress.Com is striving for the best... in selection, price, and
customer service. Thank you for your support.
All rights reserved rose plus size dresses 2012, 2013, 2014 for prom / homecoming, formal evening, cocktail, mother of bride/groom. Copyright