Military ball are considered a tradition to celebrate the heroes who served our country with valor and courage. As like other formal occasion military ball has dress protocol, too, for both military personnel and civilian attendees. The proper attire for a military ball is a formal evening dress or gown. The dress could be ankle length or floor length with very minimal detail. The dress should be simple and should flatter your figure as well as your gentleman’s uniform. Below are additional tips for you to look just as smashing as your partner:
• When it comes to color, the color of your dress should complement the color of your date’s attire. Make sure the color of your dress will not clash with his dress uniform. And it is best that you go with solid colors rather than pastels as solid colors represent a formal attire. Red and blue are always popular choice as they are patriotic colors and are perfect for the occasion.
• The neckline of your dress should not show any cleavage. A choker collar dress which shows off only your shoulder would be very sexy yet not too revealing. High neck dresses that show a little back are gorgeous but keep in mind that the back of your dress should not be too low. Showing off back just about up the bra line is sufficient. If you cannot wear a bra with the dress for any reason then it is not the right dress for you.
• For your military ball dress, a floor length gown or ankle length dress is your best choice for a formal look. Many women show up in dresses just below the knee and end up feeling uncomfortable. Besides, formal ball gowns are always floor length.
• Do not go with anything poofy, frilly, or too full. There will be plenty of women in the room waiting for something to snicker or sneer at, and you sure don’t want to be in that position. The simpler your military ball dresses the better.
• When browsing through military dresses, keep an eye for dresses with beautiful detailing like rich embroideries, luscious laces, sequined patterns, ornate beads, classic pearls, and brilliant gems or stones, but go minimal on the details.
• When selecting the cut and style of military ball dresses, keep elegance in mind. A military ball is a formal occasion, which includes a formal ceremony. It is not just about partying, dancing and good times. There are entrance of colors, honoring of POW and MIA and many more. Since it is very formal event, there is no room for tackiness or tastelessness. Instead, opt for classic, timeless dresses.
• When wearing a strapless military ball dress, accurate measurement on the bust area is vital. Strapless dress relies on a well-fitted bust area for security and comfort. When making measurement on bust area, make sure you are measuring the fullest part of your bust. Ensure that the measuring tape is not too loose or too tight. If you will be wearing a bra with your dress, make sure to get the measurement with your bra on. Also, take accurate measurement on your waistline and hip line.
• Wearing comfortable shoes is a must as you will be standing for long periods of time. But when we say comfortable, it does not mean ugly. There are many varieties of shoes that are very easy on the eye.
• For the accessories, it is better to keep jewelry to minimum. A necklace or a bracelet which is not too flashy would be advisable. Earring should be small or thin.
• Hair and nails are a must. You will be shaking hands all night. So, if you are wearing gloves, you must remove the glove from your right hand and hold it in your left as proper etiquette so there is no hiding poorly groomed hand. But this only applies if you are not wearing a full length glove.
Finally, the tips that will make you shine better than your fancy clothes and jewelry is a good manner. Smile and be polite, say please, thank you and pardon. Also, Sir and Ma’am for older attendees or military personnel are proper way to address someone you do not know. Never forget to dress like a lady, but do keep in mind that this is not the time to be extra sexy or trashy just to impress your partner or your date’s superior. Have fun and enjoy the memorable time!
-- TheRose --
TheRoseDress.Com, military ball dresses /
military ball gowns store offering
wide selection of dresses and gowns, formal evening wear for military ball for army, navy, marine corps, air force, ROTC balls.
Browse our site and read our articles on the dress code, military
ball protocol and etiquette and those related to the event.
FORMAL EVENING WEAR / DRESS CODE / PROTOCOL / ETIQUETTE FOR MARINE
CORPS - ARMY - NAVY- AIR FORCE - ROTC FORMAL
EVENTS AND OCCASIONS.